Student Technology Loan Program
Apply for Student Technology Loan Program
If you are an undergraduate or graduate student in need of hardware or internet access:
- Complete this application to be considered for a loaner laptop, internet account, or other computing peripherals (e.g., webcam, headphones).
- We will review your application and determine eligibility based on a combination of factors that include financial need, your enrollment status, and the previous support received.
- In order for us to ensure that it can be fully reviewed in time for you to be able to pick up your device before the start of the Fall 2020 instruction, please submit your application by August 22nd, 2020. We can accept later applications, but cannot guarantee for them that decisions can be made and devices made available before the start of classes.
- The equipment will be loaned to students for the current academic year ending in May 2021.
- Please review the STLP FAQ for frequently asked questions about the program.
- The Application is available at go.rutgers.edu/STLPApp
Free / Low-Cost Technology Resources
- Consider taking advantage of student discounts at the Kit and Key Technology Store. Ensure any device purchased meets the recommended standards for remote learning.
- Access free software (rutgers.edu), such as Microsoft Office, Box.com, and anti-virus protection.
- If you are without reliable home internet, explore these off-campus internet access resources.
Technology Training and Help
- All students, faculty, and staff at Rutgers University have free access to LinkedIn Learning, an online library of on-demand, expert-led instructional videos on a variety of technology and business-related topics.
- The RU-N Technology LaunchPad and RU-NIT websites are full of information to assist you with your technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to check your status?
- You’ll receive an email confirmation from the Help Desk once your application is received and again when it has been processed. To check on your status, please call 973-353-5083.
What are the specs?
- As a baseline, your device will include Windows 10, 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8665U with vPro™, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD.
Questions about this program should be sent to (email@example.com).