Printing at RU-N
High-speed laser printing is available at multiple locations across the Rutgers University – Newark campus. A list of computer lab locations and hours are available here including locations with color printers and large-format plotters. Below you will find information related to accessing your printing information in the user interface, adding funds to your Raider Card, and mobile device printing.
New Printing Interface
The new printing system at Rutgers University – Newark allows you to see the the status of your printing quota along with any funds you have added, and jobs you have printed. You can now also check your carbon footprint based on your printing practices with the new interface. Let’s get started!
- On the summary page, you’ll be able to view the rates for printing, your transaction history, your recent print jobs, jobs that are pending release, and view your environmental dashboard to check the carbon footprint of your printer usage.
- Transaction History
- Here you’ll be able to view the available funds on your Raider ID and a detailed history of all your print jobs and how much they cost.
- Recent Print Jobs
- You can view your most recent print jobs and request refunds in the event of a printing error. If you’d like to request a refund for any print jobs, please contact a lab consultant on duty or the Help Desk Located in Hill Hall 109. A ticket will be created for the issue that you’ll need to reference in your refund request – we will be unable to process refund requests that do not contain a ticket number.
- Jobs Pending Release
- You can view the jobs that are currently in your printing queue to cancel them, if you do not cancel or print the job they will stay in the queue for two hours before they are removed. This page also displays how much your print job will cost before you actually print it.
- Log Out
- End your printing session with the new interface – make sure to log out especially if you’re using a device other than your own!
Adding Raider Card Funds
We’ve deployed a new online system for adding funds to your Raider Card. Please visit the new site by clicking here. If you’d like to add funds in person you can still visit room 107 in Woodward Hall.
You asked for it, so we implemented it. RU-N now offers fully wireless printing. You’ll be able to print wirelessly from your phone, tablet, laptop, and any other compatible device on campus.
Click on your device below to get started.
After following the steps for your respective device above, remember:
- Make sure you’re connected to RU Wireless Secure. (Note: mobile printing will not work on the guest RU Wireless network, you must be logged into RU Wireless Secure)
- Your username and password is the same as your Rutgers NetID and password – so use those credentials when logging in.
- Release your print job at a printing station by swiping your Rutgers ID card. You won’t be able to print without your ID card, so don’t leave home without it!