Which computer labs have color printers?
Color printers can be found in the following computer labs:
Cyber Lounge (3rd Floor)
Dana Library (1st Floor)
Hill Hall 125 and 127
Rutgers Business School Lab (Room 422)
Computer Use in Labs (User Policy)
- On duty staff has the authority and responsibility to enforce these rules and regulations, as well as to make decisions concerning situations not covered herein. Failure to obey site rules and regulations will result in being asked to leave the facility, with a possible penalty of suspension of use of the facilities and the removal of your computer account.
- These facilities are for general use by the Rutgers University students, faculty, and staff. Lab Patrons must show valid Rutgers University identification upon request.
- Utilization of these facilities for illegal purposes is strictly prohibited. Illegal activities, such as producing illegal materials and plagiarism, will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Utilization of these facilities for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, producing, scanning, printing or posting of advertisements and other commercial materials.
- Anyone found mistreating or removing RU-N IT property within the computing facilities will lose their computing privileges and will be reported to the University Police.
- No one, other than authorized RU-N IT staff, will be admitted into the facility prior to lab opening or permitted to stay in the facility after lab closing. Hours are posted throughout the facility and outside of the facility’s main doors. In case of emergencies and other special circumstances, RU-N IT staff have the authority and responsibility to immediately clear the facility.
- With the exception of the Instructional Classrooms Labs [ICL), which can be reserved by professors, TA’s and staff for teaching purposes, reservations are not accepted. Lab Patrons are served on a first come, first served basis according to the waiting line. There is no workstation time limited except on printing or scanning machines specifically designated as having such constraints.
- If a Lab Patron leaves a workstation unoccupied for more than 15 minutes, they will be logged out of the computer. The computer will be given to the next person waiting. RU-N IT is not responsible for lost or damaged work.
- Lab Patrons must promptly relinquish their workstations for scheduled classes or upon request by RU-N IT staff.
- Lab Patrons must log into their own accounts. Account sharing is strictly prohibited. Lab Patrons must log out after finishing their work. Lab Patrons are expected to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Lab Patrons are expected to maintain a noise level conducive to an academic atmosphere. Individuals making excessive noise will be asked to quiet down or leave the lab. Lab Patrons wishing to listen to audio (this includes but is not limited to CD’s and Internet audio) must wear headphones so as not to disturb others.
- Lab Patrons are prohibited from smoking, eating, drinking and other activities deemed inappropriate by RU-N IT staff.
- Computer game playing is prohibited at all computing facilities at all times.
- Personal files stored on local hard disks are not protected and are therefore subject to modification, erasure, and plagiarism. RU-N IT is not responsible for lost or damaged information. Lab Patrons are strongly encouraged to save often on personal storage devices. Additionally, it is highly recommended that Lab Patrons make backup copies of all information.
- Any software not supported by RU-N IT, which is otherwise placed on local hard disks, will be promptly erased.
- Printing is provided as a limited service to all Lab Patrons. Failure to abide by posted printing policies may result in confiscation of output and loss of printing privileges. Print quality is not in any way guaranteed. Unless posted otherwise, printing limitations are as follows: on black and white laser printers, you may print up to 2 copies per unique document. If a document exceeds 25 pages in length, you must print in 25 page batches. On color laser printers, you may print up to 2 copies per unique document, and up to 10 pages per day total. Documents exceeding these printing limitations will be deleted by printing software before the job is spooled to the printer.
- Manuals and other materials may be borrowed in exchange for valid identification. They may not be removed from the computing facilities.
- Facility telephones and other staff equipment are reserved solely for RU-N IT workers.
- RU-N IT and its employees are not responsible for personal belongings. Do not leave personal items.
- RU-N IT reserves the right to evacuate the labs whenever they it is deemed appropriate. Failure to comply with management’s decision to close down the lab may results in the loss of lab privileges.
- Individual sites may have additional policies other than those listed. Lab Patrons must comply with all rules, policies and procedures posted at these facilities. These rules and regulations are enforceable by on-duty RU-N IT employees.
- RU-N IT welcomes all comments and concerns that you may have regarding our services and equipment. All comments and/or concerns should be directed to the Campus Help Desk at (973) 353-5083.
Individual sites may have additional policies other than those listed. Lab Patrons must comply with all rules, policies and procedures posted at these facilities. These rules and regulations are enforceable by on-duty RU-N IT employees.
RU-N IT welcomes all comments and concerns that you may have regarding our services and equipment. All comments and/or concerns should be directed to the Campus Help Desk at (973) 353-5083.