Blackboard For Students
Blackboard is a course management system used to extend the learning environment outside the classroom.
To Access Blackboard Go To
Login with your Netid and Password
Blackboard Course Access:
- In order to have access to Blackboard students must be registered for the course and the professor must be using blackboard for the course
- Students must be sure that the professor has made the course available on Blackboard as they are the ones who have the ability to do so
- Keep in mind if you’ve registered for the course properly and don’t see it there can be a few reasons why:
- The professor has not yet made the course available to students
- The course is available however the user has not edited the course to appear in the settings tool
- It is for the Summer/Winter session and there is an outstanding term bill
- The student has just enrolled into the course and the Blackboard system has not updated yet
Blackboard Preferred Name:
If you wish to use a name other than your legal name, you can follow the steps in the link below for your preferred name to appear on Blackboard.
Blackboard Unwanted Courses:
If there is a course showing that has been completed or you no longer want to show for any reason. A student can either contact the professor requesting he make the course unavailable, or go into the Blackboard edit setting and hide the course.
System maintenance windows are every Friday and Sunday morning between 2:00am and 6:00am, ET. Blackboard will typically be available during these times. If maintenance is expected, it will be advertised in advance.
If a student is experiencing any problems with the Blackboard System feel free to contact Newark Computing Services at 973-353-5083.